Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Gout Pain - Is There One Miracle Cure for All?


As any gout sufferer will agree, gout pain is intense and agonising. Gout can come on very quickly and with little or no warning.

The body produces uric acid from the breakdown of food. A manageable level is maintained with excess being dissolved into the blood stream, filtered via the kidneys and passed via urine. If our bodies start to produce a higher level of uric acid, a build up occurs generally in the joints. the build up of uric acid leads to the formation of uric acid crystals causing inflammation and redness.

Once an attack has taken hold, gout pain can be debilitating. The pain can be so intense that the insignificant weight of a bedsheet over an effected joint can be unbearable.

Untreated, a gout attack can prevail for more than a week. If not treated attacks can become more regular and cause permanent joint damage. While most commonly occurring in the big toe joint, gout pain can also be experienced in the knee, ankle, elbow, wrist and hands, and even the hip joint.

There are many ways to treat gout pain both with prescribed medication and with natural remedies. I have, over the last 20 years, tried many.

For years I was using prescribed drugs that only seemed to work sometimes. I was prescribed drugs to prevent gout and had to take it daily. Although being diligent I still suffered regular attacks. The doctor then prescribed anti-inflammatory drugs to reduce the pain!!

It seemed that I was going round in circles and getting nowhere. The preventative medication was not working and the anti-infammatory drugs were causing kidney damage!!

I decided to look for alternatives.

There were a number of natural treatments available that I found seemed to work well. Apart from a few lifestyle changes (which certainly helped!!) I discovered there were additional things I could be doing that helped with the gout pain.

Some of these treatments worked within hours.

One thing I have learnt during my time is that not every treatment works effectively for all gout pain sufferers.

So, is there one miracle cure for all?...Probably not I'm afraid.

The good news is there is a number of treatments (both via medication and via natural remedies) so all is not lost.

I have tried many of these treatments over the years and have created Gout Relief Online, a website dedicated to finding and detailing the gout pain relief programs available.

No comments:

Post a Comment