Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Statins And Joint Pain - Is It Possible That Statins Are Causing Your Joint Pain?


Before I begin, I must first make it known that I am not a doctor. I do however have a fascination for natural cures and homeopathic treatments, although I am also not totally against western medicine. I just feel that if a natural remedy can effectively treat a particular ailment, then there is no reason why I should take pharmaceutical drugs.

I know countless people who are nearing retirement, and several of them are taking statins because they have high cholesterol. When I discuss this with them, I can clearly see they are under the impression that statins are harmless drugs. Many of them also believe they would more than likely have died already if their doctors had not put them on statins.

When I asked about possible side effects, I was told about things like headaches, upset tummies, and etc. Not one of them even mentioned joint pain, despite the fact that quite a few of them do suffer with aching joints. It seems apparent to me that their doctors never mentioned the link between statins and joint pain.

A quick Google search will soon reveal just how many people start experiencing severe joint pain as a direct result of statins. They stop taking their statins for a little while, and their joint pain goes. They start on the statins again, and the pain returns.

One of the most ironic things of all is that way back in 1985 researchers discovered a fail proof way to lower cholesterol without the use of any pharmaceutical drugs. In fact, statins only appeared on the scene a short while later, and as is to be expected, they became the primary form of treatment for high cholesterol. The natural cure I am referring to is none other than ascorbic acid.

Of course the giant pharmaceutical companies do not want people to know they can lower their cholesterol without statins. They would lose billions of dollars annually, and that is not what business is about. Now, if you have high cholesterol, you will almost certainly be reluctant to believe that something as simple as ascorbic acid can effectively lower your cholesterol. However, I would like to recommend that you read all about it on the JBC (Journal of Biological Chemistry) website.

As you no doubt already know, ascorbic acid is simply vitamin C. Not only can vitamin C lower your cholesterol, but it can and will benefit your health in many other ways as well. Vitamin C is such an important micro-nutrient, that most living creatures are able to produce their own. Only a very small number of species cannot, and unfortunately humans are one of them. Good luck with your research.

No comments:

Post a Comment